~See you for our 2021 Season~
Applewood Farm offers Strawberry picking, during Strawberry season, which usually begins in later in June.
Strawberry Picking Tips!
- Grasp the stem just above the berry between the forefinger and the thumbnail and pull with a slight twisting motion.
- With the stem broken about one-half inch from the berry, allow it to roll into the palm of your hand.
- Repeat these operations using both hands until each holds 3 or 4 berries.
- Carefully place - don't throw - the fruit into your containers. Repeat the picking process with both hands.
- Don't overfill your containers or try to pack the berries down.
- The strawberry patch can be hot, please pack water, hats, and sunscreen.
Applewood Farm, North of Port is home to the "Heaping Basket".
We offer a large variety of strawberries, at different times throughout the picking season.
Wagon rides around the farm. Farm animals and children's play yard.
Picking runs mid June - mid July.
Fun for the whole family.
Come on in and try a glass of our famous Applewood Farm Winery Strawberry and Rhubarb wine (Eden)