~The 2021 Strawberry season is now finished~
See you in 2022!
Applewood Farm offers Strawberry picking, during Strawberry season, which usually begins in later in June.
Strawberry Picking Tips!
- Grasp the stem just above the berry between the forefinger and the thumbnail and pull with a slight twisting motion.
- With the stem broken about one-half inch from the berry, allow it to roll into the palm of your hand.
- Repeat these operations using both hands until each holds 3 or 4 berries.
- Carefully place - don't throw - the fruit into your containers. Repeat the picking process with both hands.
- Don't overfill your containers or try to pack the berries down.
- The strawberry patch can be hot, please pack water, hats, and sunscreen.
Applewood Farm, North of Port is home to the "Heaping Basket".
Wagon rides, (Currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions). Farm animals and children's play yard.
Fun for the whole family.
Come on in and try a glass of our famous Applewood Farm Winery Strawberry and Rhubarb wine (Eden)