~ Our 2023 Strawberry season is now over for the season~
Thank you for your support of our family farm!!!
Applewood Farm and Winery offers Strawberry picking, during Strawberry season which usually begins in
later in June.
Strawberry Picking Tips!
- Grasp the stem just above the berry between the forefinger and the thumbnail and pull with a slight twisting motion.
- With the stem broken about one-half inch from the berry, allow it to roll into the palm of your hand.
- Repeat these operations using both hands until each holds 3 or 4 berries.
- Carefully place - don't throw - the fruit into your containers. Repeat the picking process with both hands.
- Don't overfill your containers or try to pack the berries down.
- The strawberry patch can be hot, please pack water, hats, and sunscreen.
Applewood Farm, North of Port is home to the "Heaping Basket", feel free to load up!
Farm animals and children's play yard.
Fun for the whole family.
Come on in and try a glass of our famous Applewood Farm Winery Strawberry and Rhubarb wine (Eden)